Tips From the Business Coach Delegating Effectively to a Personal Assistant
The art of delegating effectively to a personal assistant is just that – an art that must be mastered in the same way that just giving someone paint does not make them an artist. As a business coach I’ve learned that to delegate effectively to a personal assistant, you must work hard to do your part in the following six areas:
1. You must clearly and concisely identify in writing the task that you want done.
2. You must document in writing the way you want the task to be done.
3. You must specify in writing when the item must be completed.
4. You must ask your assistant if they have any questions before the delegation has truly begun.
5. You must keep the lines of communication open and be ready to answer your assistant if and when they have any questions.
6. You must commit to following up with your assistant based on the assumption that they did not get the task completed correctly.
“My job is to not be easy on people. My job is to make them better.”
(Co-founder of Apple and the former CEO of Pixar)
Implementing and Getting Stuff Done
During this book we have unloaded a fire hose of best-practice knowledge and systems at you, and unless you are Rick James-quality Super Freak, you will soon discover that the learning, implementing, and improving your business is a process and not a one-time event. This is why we created Thrive15.com. Thrive15.com has been built and designed to provide you with the world’s best business school experience including,
• An ever-expanding course catalog of training videos
• Constantly updated best-practice tools, templates, and systems
• The ability to ask the Thrive15.com business coaches any business question
• The ability to attend powerful in-person workshops
• A rapidly-expanding community of like-minded entrepreneurs and business owners for you to benchmark with and become life-long friends
Every one of the Foundational Business Principles that we have taught you during this book has its own very common and predictable challenges associated with it, however we are here to help you. You don’t have to kill yourself in the process of turning your business into a scalable and duplicable business that is capable of producing both the time and financial freedom that you desire.
If you have any challenges along the way, remember that our entire team is only one phone call away and we believe that you can do this!
“No one lives long enough to learn everything they need to learn starting from scratch. To be successful, we absolutely, positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things that we need to learn to achieve our goals.”
(Bestselling self-help author)
If you have any business-related questions, find your answers by utilizing the following resources:
• Call us at 1-800-594-4457
• E-mail us at [email protected]
• Visit www.Thrive15.com
Three Different Packages to Serve You:
When I started Thrive15.com, I did not forget about the powdered milk I drank as a kid from time to time, or the Food Stamps we had to occasionally use to buy the food that we needed. Thus, my team and I have worked thousands of hours and have invested millions of dollars into creating three different packages to help anybody on any budget who is willing to apply the effort needed to learn and apply the principles, processes, systems, best-practices, and strategies that we teach.
“Nothing will work unless you do.”
(Bestselling author of seven autobiographies and the poet who was asked to recite her poem, “On the Pulse of Morning” at the 1993 inauguration of President Bill Clinton.)
• Become a Thriver – You can become a member of the Thrive15.com business community and pay as little as $19 per month to get complete access to the Thrive15.com Business School experience. My life goal as a business coach is to mentor millions of people. To date, thousands and thousands of people in over 70 countries have enjoyed this Thrive15.com experience. This website and your Thrive15.com experience truly is my heart’s song and my life’s purpose in the world of business.
• Brand Enhancement Thriver – You can have the award-winning team of Thrive15.com graphic designers, web-developers, and search engine experts develop your fully user-editable and search engine compliant website, business cards, one-sheet, and sales brochure. Due to the demand for our services, we have to limit the number of projects that we take on each month but you can schedule your initial and 100% free consultation with one of our Thrive15.com coaches today by applying at: www.Thrive15.com/Coaching.
• Coaching Client Thriver – If you desire to be personally mentored and coached through the process of turning your existing business into a duplicable and scalable business that can produce both the income and financial freedom that you desire, you can apply at: www.Thrive15.com/Coaching. Because we can only handle a limited number of coaching clients at time, we schedule an initial complimentary coaching session with you to determine if your business is a good fit for both parties before committing to take on both you and your business as a client.
You Have the Time You Need to Produce a Duplicable Business that Can Create Both Time and Financial Freedom for You
As a business coach, I have had countless business people come up to me and say, “I would love to grow my business, but I just can’t find the time.” And they are 100% wrong, 100% of the time. I would guess that you are already putting in the hours needed to take your business to the next level. However, you can incrementally increase the value of each hour of your working day by upgrading the way you use your time through creation of the systems and processes you need to grow.
Growing your business in a duplicable way is not an event; it will not happen with the touch of a button or with the brief placing of a call. We can help you completely change your life if you will allow us to guide you through the process of executing the best-practice systems that you have learned throughout this book.
What Are the First Things You Should Be Doing?
To help you get some big and quick wins and to establish a renewed sense of momentum within your company, I have put together a list of the SEVEN BIGGEST action items you need to implement within the next week. As a business coach, I have learned that each one of these action items will take less than 25 minutes to implement, but you must commit to doing them for them to work.
ACTION ITEM #1 – Define and clarify your personal F5 Goals (Faith, Family, Friendships, Fitness and Financial)
It’s almost impossible to drift your way to success. You won’t push back against outside pressures, your peers, and the culture around you if you don’t know where you want to go. Invest the time to type in and print out your F5 Goals today at: www.Thrive15.com/ F5GoalsWorksheet.
When you print out those goals, place them somewhere so that you can see them in the morning when you wake up, during the day when you are working and at night when you go bed. You can get to where you want to go, if you will only invest the time to define where it is that you want to go.
“Drifting, without aim or purpose, is the first cause of failure.”
(Bestselling self-help author and the former apprentice of the world’s wealthiest man, Andrew Carnegie)