As an entrepreneur, you will encounter countless adversity and on today’s show Clay Clark and Dr. Z shares how to overcome adversity while maintaining a positive mental attitude and then Art Bell, the founder of Comedy Central joins us to share about his new book, How I Started Comedy Central and Lost My Sense of Humor.
Website – https://www.artbellwriter.com/
NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Your mental attitude is something you can control outright and you must use self-discipline until you create a Positive Mental Attitude – your mental attitude attracts to you everything that makes you what you are.” – Napoleon Hill
NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” – Brian Tracy
- Yes, yes, yes and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing the founder of Comedy Central! Art Bell welcome onto the Thrivetime Show! How are you sir!?
- I know that you’ve had a ton of success at this point in your career, but I would love to start off at the bottom and the very beginning of your career. What was your life like growing up and where did you grow up?
- Art Bell, I understand that in 1988, you were a young mid-level employee who pitched the concept for a television channel focused just on comedy to the chairman of HBO, tell us the story about how you got the idea and what happened when you made the pitch?
- How did the pitch eventually become a TV channel?
- When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- What was the most challenging aspect of growing Comedy Central?
- Art, your new book is titled, Constant Comedy: How I Started Comedy Central and Lost My Sense of Humor…what inspired you to write the book?
- In your book title you mention that you “lost your sense of humor.” What do you mean by that?
- I understand that you have an eye for talent…how did you find Jon Stewart?
- Art Bell who are some of your favorite comedians in the past?
- Who are some of your favorite current comedians?
- Art Bell What mentor has made the biggest impact on your career thus far?
- What message or principle that you wish you could teach everyone?
- You are super successful, but what do you struggle with the most…what is your weakness…what is your kryptonite?
- Art Bell You’ve got the mic, what is one thing that you want to share with the Thrive Nation before you drop the mic?