Ask Clay Anything: How Can You Become a More Confident Communicator?
Do you struggle to be a confident communicator? If this is you then listen to this segment of the Thrivetime Show as business coach Clay Clark let’s all the listeners know the main action step you need to take in order to be a more confident speaker.
- You earn confidence as a result of preparation.
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “I’ve always considered myself to be just average talent and what I have is ridiculous insane obsessiveness for practice and preparation.” – Will Smith (Rapper and actor)
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” – Arthur Ashe (Professional tennis player who won three Grand Slam titles)
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “When you’re around enormously successful people you realize their success isn’t an accident – it’s about work.” – Ryan Tedder (Grammy winning recording artist and songwriter who has written songs for Taylor Swift, Adele, U2, Beyonce, etc.)
- STATISTIC – How can you become a more confident communicator?
- “About 10 percent of the population loves public speaking. Another 10 percent are genuinely terrified.” – https://www.forbes.com/sites/nickmorgan/2011/03/30/why-we-fear-public-speaking-and-how-to-overcome-it/#e8280ac460b2
- STORY – Presenting to a convention in Charleston, South Carolina sponsored by Publix.
- ACTION STEPS – Practice until you can’t get it wrong. Don’t practice until perfect.