Ask Clay Anything: How Do You Prepare Yourself to Have Tough Conversations With Employees?
Do you find yourself needing to have a tough conversation with your employees? If you need to learn how to hold people accountable then listen in today as Dr. Z and business coach Clay Clark get into how to prepare yourself for those tough conversations.
- What makes a good mentor?
- Z – “Fruit”
- Look a the fruit before you go for the root.
- Look at the people that person has mentored before
- Clay – Avoid unlucky people
- People that are late
- People that are lazy
- People that get no traction
- How do you prepare yourself to have tough conversations with employees? For Doctor Z
- Z’s move:
- Have the conversation in your brain with yourself – Roleplay
- Put the “answering” on them… What do I need to do to make…….?
- Know the facts
- Make the decision
- Be resolute
- Clay’s bonus tip (dirty move):
- Decide where you want the conversation to end.
- Is this the beginning or the end?