Podcasting monetization expert Ben Krueger shares about podcast cash-flow 101, what gear you need to launch your podcast, and how to monetize your podcast.
- Yes, yes, yes and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing Ben Krueger, who is a Podcast Educator and the Founder & CEO of Cashflow Podcasting. Ben, welcome onto the Thrivetime Show…how are you sir?!
- Ben Krueger, I understand that you are dedicated to helping Industry Advocates to start, launch and grow world-class podcasts for their businesses…what drives you to do this?
- Ben Krueger, I understand that you believe podcasting is one of the best tools to help leaders reach more people, connect more deeply and make an impact because it allows them to educate, motivate and advocate at scale like nothing else…I love would for you to break down what you mean by this?
- Where do most people get it wrong when it comes to starting or growing a podcast?
- There are two avenues for monetizing a podcast
- Selling products/services on the backend that helps and supports their listeners
- I love to think of podcasts as a cultural nurturing platform
- Ben Krueger What advice do you have for someone who has a podcast to vet sponsors
- I see myself as an advocate for my listeners
- If a product or brand is not in my listener’s best interest, then it is not going to be a good fit
NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” – Colossians 3:23-24
- How do you get paid?
- We have a service where we work with clients directly where they get to be the host of the show and we handle the technical and strategy parts
- What is the hardest thing about consistently delivering quality content?
- I know that you’ve had a ton of success at this point in your career, but I would love to start off at the bottom and the very beginning of your career. What was your life like growing up and where did you grow up?
- When did you first figure out what you wanted to do professionally?
- Ben Krueger When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- What was the biggest challenge in gaining traction with your career?
- Today, I’d love for you to share with the listeners about the kinds of projects that you are up to?
- You come across as a very proactive person…so how do you typically organize the first four hours of your and what time do you typically wake up?
- Ben Krueger What are a few of your daily habits that you believe have allowed you to achieve success?
- What mentor has made the biggest impact on your career thus far?
- What has been the biggest adversity that you’ve had to fight through during your career?
- What is your favorite old school jam?
- Livin’ La Vida Loca – Ricky Martin
- What advice would you give the younger version of yourself?
- We find that most successful entrepreneurs tend to have idiosyncrasies that are actually their super powers…what idiosyncrasy do you have?
- Ben Krueger What message or principle that you wish you could teach everyone?
- You’ve got the mic, what is one thing that you want to share with the Thrive Nation before you drop the mic?
- I am a big believer in starting with the end in mind.
- If your primary objective is creating relationships with your audience you will be successful
- You are there to be a support to your community and any way that you can let that shine through will lead you to podcast successfully.
Website – CashflowPodcasting.com
Educational Website – ThePodcastPrinciples.com
Electro Voice RE-320 (2) – https://www.amazon.com/Electro-Voice-Instrument-Microphone-Shockmount-Integrated/dp/B06XRK61NH/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1548344817&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Electro+Voice+RE-320&psc=1
Adobe Audition x $19 per month = https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html
Mac Mini (by at Best Buy) – https://www.apple.com/mac-mini/ = $550 (max)
2 Flat Screens x $300 = $600
Scarlett 2i2 – https://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-Scarlett-Interface-Bundle-Polishing/dp/B07BGJXV9V/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1548344736&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=Scarlett+2i2&psc=1
2 xlr to xlr cables (see Guitar Center by Best Buy highway 169) – https://www.amazon.com/Microphone-CableCreation-Female-Balanced-Cables/dp/B01JY29Z5A/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1548344835&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=xlr+to+xlr&psc=1
Headphones – https://www.amazon.com/AKG-K240STUDIO-Semi-Open-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0001ARCFA/ref=sr_1_3?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1548344861&sr=1-3&keywords=akg+headphones
Adapter – https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-5-Pack-Plated-Adapter/dp/B00PIWB2SO/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1548344983&sr=1-3&keywords=1%2F4+adapter
Splitter – https://www.amazon.com/KabelDirekt-Pro-Stereo-Splitter-Headphones/dp/B00GN76HAG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1548344933&sr=1-1&keywords=1%2F8+inch+splitter