The business consultant of choice for Jack Welch’s GE, Aetna, Walmart, the U.S. Army, etc. joins how to share how to win Influence, how to beat overcommitment, and how to get things done right.
FUN FACTS: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/study_suggests_medical_errors_now_third_leading_cause_of_death_in_the_us#:~:text=Analyzing%20medical%20death%20rate%20data,and%20Prevention’s%20(CDC’s)%20third%20leading
- Today’s guest was a lawyer for 428 days, he was once hired by Jack Welch’s GE to give his keynote address, he’s a best-selling author and a consultant of choice for Aetna, Walmart, the US Army to the YMCA.
- He lectures at the Yale Graduate School of Management and he joins us today to share about THE ART OF BEING INDISPENSABLE AT WORK, how to win Influence, how to beat overcommitment and and how to get things done right?
BUY THE BOOK – https://www.amazon.com/Art-Being-Indispensable-Work-Overcommitment/dp/1633698491/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1590248497&sr=8-1
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Bruce Tulgan is a bestselling author, an adviser to business leaders all over the world, and a sought-after keynote speaker. Since 1995, Tulgan has worked with tens of thousands of leaders and managers in hundreds of organizations, ranging from Aetna to Walmart and from the US Army to the YMCA. He lectures at the Yale Graduate School of Management, as well as other academic institutions. Tulgan’s books include the updated and expanded edition of:
- Not Everyone Gets a Trophy
- It’s Okay to Be the Boss.
- Bruce Tulgan He is the Founder and Chairman of RainmakerThinking, Inc., and he lives in New Haven, CT.
- Yes, yes, yes and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing Bruce Tulgan who is a best-selling author and a business advisor to business leaders all over the planet for huge organizations such as AETNA, Walmart, the U.S. Army, the YMCA, and other top organizations. He lectures at the Yale Graduate School of Management and he’s kind of a big deal. Bruce Tulgan, welcome onto the Thrivetime Show, how are you sir?!
- I know that you’ve had a ton of success at this point in your career, but I would love to start off at the bottom and the very beginning of your career. What was your life like growing up and where did you grow up?
- When did you first figure out what you wanted to do professionally?
- When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- What mentor has made the biggest impact on your career thus far?
- So Bruce Tulgan, what inspired you to write your newest book, THE ART OF BEING INDISPENSABLE AT WORK – Win Influence, Beat Overcommitment and Get the Rights Things Done?
- At its’ core what is THE ART OF BEING INDISPENSABLE AT WORK all about?
- I want to deep dive into this…what does it mean to “Win Influence” in your mind?
- Bruce Tulgan What does it mean to “Beat Overcommitment?”
- Bruce, what does it mean to “Get the Right Things Done?”
- You come across as a very proactive person…so how do you typically organize the first four hours of your and what time do you typically wake up?
- What are a few of your daily habits that you believe have allowed you to achieve success?
- What has been the biggest adversity that you’ve had to fight through during your career?
- Bruce Tulgan What is your favorite old school jam?
- What advice would you give the younger version of yourself?
- We find that most successful entrepreneurs tend to have idiosyncrasies that are actually their super powers…what idiosyncrasy do you have?
- What message or principle that you wish you could teach everyone?
- You’ve got the mic, what is one thing that you want to share with the Thrive Nation before you drop the mic?