The founders of DrBeck.com, SteveCurrington.com, and America’s #1 business coach Clay Clark break-down the 2020 new rules for calling your leads and cold-calling.
NOTES: “I have been listening to your podcast for some time now. I hear you talk about cold calling, which I do. My question for you is, to leave a voicemail or to not? I personally cold call interior designers which are mostly sole proprietor type businesses. As it turns out most don’t subscribe to answering their phones on a regular basis. I will say that I have left voicemails mostly with follow up calls with no luck of actually talking to most of them. And have never ever have had a call back. I’m sure some of it comes down to me and how may I sound on the voicemail (talking too fast, maybe saying Uum too much ect.).Im am working on that. But still is it beneficial to leave one or just keep calling until I get a live person? Any advice would be much appreciated!!”
2020 Practical Rules for Cold-Calling:
- Text Message Killed Voicemails (Video Killed the Radio Star)
- People Don’t Answer Numbers They Don’t Know
- WUPHF – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrVskziCc4w
- Call Them All Until They Cry Buy or Die
What is the Most Affordable Kind of Business to Start?
“If someone were looking to start a business:
- Which businesses are best to start? I would think a service business with low capital costs and repeat customers, like a grooming lounge. Others?
- Which businesses are most “searchable”? By that I mean, for which services do most people find businesses on google. For example, I would be more likely to google “nearest coffee shop” but a babysitter would rely more on word of mouth.” – Dr. Tim
Concept #1 – Find a problem that you can solve that people are willing to pay for.
Concept #2 – How to Get Rich:
- Do something nobody else is willing to do (crime scene cleanup, carpet cleaning, cleaning houses, cutting hair etc.)
- Do something amazing that nobody else can do (Colton Dixon, Lebron James, Ryan Tedder, etc.)
- Do something vastly better than your competition
https://www.CompleteCarpetTulsa.com/ – 3 x (in 3 years)
www.ColawFitness.com – 4 x (in 2.5 years)
www.PMHOKC.com – 10 x
www.DrBreck.com – 2 x
Ask Clay Anything –
- How is it possible to install HTTPS encryption to the site, as it is not explained in the book. – As during call with Julea` she told me to ask it here so as Clay could meticulously explain it.
- Meta keywords are words that should be in the HTML on the page to tell the search engine about the page? But if it is a true, how the search engine understand what are keywords essentially? Or you type it in specific column with definition :”Meta keywords”
- Install the YOAST Plug-in
- HTML Sitemap –
- XML Sitemap – Extensible Markup Language is a markup language that defines a set of rules for encoding documents in a format that is both human-readable and machine-readable.
- 1000 words per page. I got that every page on the site should have it, but, maybe a silly question, I cannot fully grasp where to write these words on the site?
- In the book there is mentioned that you buy your permalink (or as far as I understand domain) on GoDaddy.com and don’t create it on your own, yes?
- In the BOOM Book it was written that you should you use Lucky orange instead of Google analytics (in Russia we have Yandex metrics- some kind of copycat from the very famous company). But why?