Business coach Clay covers how to deal with an upset wife, time freedom 101, whether startups need a business coach or not and what books every entrepreneur needs to read.
Segment #5 – “How do deal with my wife. She left me and is upset about how much I work?” – Thriver
- What is the cause of this situation?
- How a good marriage should look:
- Principle #1 – Must review goals and roles on a weekly basis
- Principle #2 – Decide whether or not the spouse is a good fit for the business
- Principle #3 – Somebody HAS to provide income
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. – 1 Timothy 5:8
- Principle #4 – You must love your spouse unconditionally therefore they may not be a good fit to work with you.
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. – Ephesians 5:25
Segment #6 – How did you decide what to spend your time on once you found time freedom?
- Be intentional with your time and CREATE time freedom.
- F6 goals and lifestyle
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “The secret of happiness is minimizing the amount of time you spend with people you don’t choose to be with.” Phil Libin. – Co-founder and former CEO of Evernote
- Things Clay is NOT going to spend time talking to people about:
- Arguing about things we cannot control (weather patterns, the calls that your kid’s soccer team did not get, religion, etc)
Segment #7 – Should you have a coach if you are a startup? What is the best way to raise capital for a startup?
- Bill Campbell – World’s Best Business Coach https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/19/business/bill-campbell-coach-of-silicon-valley-stars-dies-at-75.html
- Coach for entrepreneurs like:
- Google (Eric Schmidt the CEO of Google)
- Amazon (Jeff Bezos the founder of Amazon.com)
- Apple (Steve Jobs the co-founder of Apple)
- The Thrive Business Coaching Experience – https://www.thrivetimeshow.com/
- Services you can have for what you would pay one $8.25 per hour employee:
- Financial planning
- Building a pro forma
- Build systems
- Search Engine Optimization Team
Segment #8 – What is the most beneficial book that you have read other than Start Here and Think and Grow Rich? – Thrive in Tulsa
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “How to Win Friends and Influence People “ – Dale Carnegie
- Book – https://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671027034
- Tips from the book that Clay learned:
- How to make the other person feel the way they want to feel
- Use their first name alot when meeting them for the 1st time
- Knowing that people’s favorite topic is themselves.