Attorney Devin Miller shares how patents and trademarks actually work. Devin has worked with the likes of Amazon, Intel, Redhat, and Ford. He is also the co-founder of several successful startups including a multi-million dollar startup for wearable glucose monitoring.
I tried a cup of the ‘most expensive coffee in the world’ — here’s why it’s a tourist trap you shouldn’t buy into https://www.businessinsider.com/kopi-luwak-cat-poop-worlds-most-expensive-coffee-taste-test-2018-11
Kopi luwak is coffee made from coffee cherries that have been eaten, digested, and defecated by the Asian palm civet, a small mammal that looks like a cross between a cat and a raccoon. The beans are then cleaned and processed. In the West, kopi luwak has become known as “cat poop coffee.”
With prices ranging between $35 and $100 a cup, or about $100 to $600 a pound, kopi luwak is widely considered to be the most expensive coffee in the world.
Devin is He specializes in protecting startup and entrepreneurial companies with IP Legal Advice, setting them up for success in their business! Devin has worked with the likes of Amazon, Intel, Redhat, and Ford. He is also the co-founder of several successful startups including a multi-million dollar startup for wearable glucose monitoring.. He is passionate about helping businesses and has a drive to educate and entertain listeners with years of experience as a calm speaker, and veteran podcaster.
- Yes, yes, yes and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing Devin Miller who is an entrepreneur, patent and trademark attorney, and an Intellectual Property expert who has worked with Intel, Ford, Amazon and Redhat! Devin, welcome onto the Thrivetime Show…how are you sir?!
- I know that you’ve had a ton of success at this point in your career, but I would love to start off at the bottom and the very beginning of your career. What was your life like growing up and where did you grow up?
- What is your favorite old school jam?
- When did you first figure out what you wanted to do professionally?
- Devin, many of our guests say that they had a key mentor or a key book that they read that really helped them to change their mindset and their approach to success…do you have a key book or mentor in your life that has impacted you the most…I would love to hear that story?
- When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- How did you start your first company?
- How did you go about funding your first company?
- How did you go about getting your first 10 customers?
- So on a practical level, Devin, how does a business protect an invention and/or brand?
- From your perspective, why are patents important to protect an invention?
- How does a small business compete with big business?
- With limited budgets, how do startups decide whether to invest in a patent or trademark?
- What are some of the biggest mistakes businesses make with patents or trademarks?
- How do you select a good patent or trademark attorney?
- How long does it take to get a patent or trademark?
- How much does it cost to get a patent or trademark?
- Can I do a patent or trademark myself?
- You’ve got the mic, what is one thing that you want to share with the Thrive Nation before you drop the mic?