The founder of HOME SAFE and the host of the Rebel Parenting Podcast shares how to raise your kids in this digitally dangerous world we live in. He also shares, if you raise your kids you can spoil your grandkids, but if you spoil your kids you will raise your grandkids
RYAN DOBSON—son of Dr. James Dobson who founded Focus on the Family—who has a new church-based program called HOME SAFE that trains parents on how to protect their kids from all of the crazy dangers that exist today. You may wanna invest in this one!
Show Notes –
- Yes, yes, yes and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing Ryan Dobson who is the founder of the new church-based program called HOME SAFE that trains parents on how to protect their kids from all of the crazy dangers that exist today. And…he also happens to be the son of Dr. James Dobson who founded Focus on the Family
- Growing up in a home with the legendary Dr. James Dobson, what was your life like growing up?
- I think it was like most families until his film series kicked off
- I didn’t know that my parents had money until I was much older
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – If you raise your kids you can spoil your grandkids, but if you spoil your kids you will raise your grandkids
- When did you first figure out what you wanted to do professionally?
- How did you start your first company?
- When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- So tell us about Home Safe…what is it and when did you get the idea to start it?
- Parents today face different challenges than our parents did. There was no internet, smartphones, etc.
- I realized that no politician, talk show host, or news anchor was talking about how to handle an active shooter situation
- So I started Home Safe to help educate parents and students to know what to do.
- How dangerous is adult content on the internet for relationships and families?
- From the churches that we have worked with at least 85% of marriages are dealing with this.
- What problems does Home Safe solve for modern families?
- Programs for filtering adult content –
- Covenant Eyes – https://www.covenanteyes.com/
- Bark – https://www.bark.us/
- Raising Successful Teens – Jeffery Dean
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – Starbucks to Roll Out Porn-Blocking Tech – https://www.businessinsider.com/starbucks-promises-porn-blocking-tech-2018-11
- White Settlement, TX Church Shooting – https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/29/us/fort-worth-church-shooting.html
- What dangers does the modern family have that families in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s did not face?
- My understanding is that your organization conducts parenting seminars…I’d love for you to share about these?
- What tips would you have for all of the modern parents and business owners listening to this show about modern parenting?
- Put a filtering software on your computers
- Talk to your kids about what to do when it happens
- When you talk to your kids about porn, they will talk to you about it when they face it.
- How, you come across as a very proactive person…so how do you typically organize the first four hours of your and what time do you typically wake up?
- What are a few of your daily habits that you believe have allowed you to achieve success?
- What mentor has made the biggest impact on your career thus far?
- What has been the biggest adversity that you’ve had to fight through during your career?
- What advice would you give the younger version of yourself?
- We find that most successful entrepreneurs tend to have idiosyncrasies that are actually their super powers…what idiosyncrasy do you have?
- What message or principle that you wish you could teach everyone?
- What is a principle or concept that you teach people most that VERY FEW people actually ever apply?
- What are a couple of books that you believe that all of our listeners should read?
- Good Pictures, Bad Pictures
- Good Pictures, Bad Pictures Jr.
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – Hoping something bad isn’t going to happen is not a plan.
First time in 3.5 years that Dr. Z was given the cowbell to play