The Harvard Business School graduate and sculpture artist Susan Meier joins us to share why creativity is not at odds. How to create an emotional connection between consumers and brands.
Website – https://www.susanmeierstudio.com/
A Harvard Business grad AND a sculpture artist, Susan’s mission is to disprove the myth that creativity and strategy are at odds.
She plans to show once and for all that creativity has a place in all things business, from marketing to sales to brand management. She began her career at The Boston Consulting Group, where she realized her fascination for the emotional connection between consumers and brands. Her experience in branding found her helping companies of all sizes from boutique branding agencies to big corporations like Pepsico, Kellogg’s, Mars, and Samsung! Through her leadership at Susan Meier Studio, she continues to promote her message
- Yes, yes, yes and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing Susan Meier, one of the world’s leading brand experts. Susan, welcome onto the Thrivetime Show, how are you?!
- I know that you’ve had a ton of success at this point in your career, but I would love to start off at the bottom and the very beginning of your career. What was your life like growing up and where did you grow up?
- When did you first figure out what you wanted to do professionally?
- Susan Meier When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- From your experience, what is the best way that our entrepreneurial and business owning listeners should go about creating an emotional connection between consumers and brands?
- Throughout your career as you have personally sat down with huge companies like Pepsico, Unilever, Whirlpool, Samsung, Genentech, Novartis, Aetna and WebMD….how do you help them to enhance their brands?
- Susan Meier Where do many businesses get it wrong as it relates to branding?
- In your mind what does branding
- My understanding is that you believe creativity is one of the keys to help business leaders electrify their work…what do you mean by this?
- Susan Meier What practical steps do all of our listeners need to take to make a stronger emotional connection with their customers?
- What are you pro tips for not making an emotional connection with customers?
- Why is it important for business leaders to make an emotional connection with their customers?
- How, you come across as a very proactive person…so how do you typically organize the first four hours of your and what time do you typically wake up?
- What is your favorite old school jam?
- Susan Meier What are a couple of books that you believe that all of our listeners should read?
- You’ve got the mic, what is one thing that you want to share with the Thrive Nation before you drop the mic?