The best-selling author and consultant of choice for Marriott, Microsoft, the Atlantic Falcons, Caterpillar, etc. shares about how to get 5 generations of employees working together in the modern American workplace.
This October, he will release an updated edition of Sticking Points: How to Get 5 Generations Working Together in the 12 Places They Come Apart. Haydn’s new research answers questions like:
- What are the defining characteristics of Generation Z? How does Gen Z differ from Millennials?
- We now have five different generations working side-by-side in the workforce. What are the sticking points that keep them from cooperating harmoniously?
- How can leaders understand and inspire every age group in their workplace or ministry while minimizing points of conflict?
Updated with new content on Gen Z, Sticking Points will illuminate key generational differences around everything from social media and time management to organizational structure and dress code.
Sticking Points is available for review, and Haydn Shaw is available for interviews to discuss how his research can apply to businesses, leadership, and family relationships.
- Yes, yes, yes and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing Haydn Shaw! Haydn Shaw, welcome onto the Thrivetime Show, how are you sir?!
- Haydn Shaw I know that you’ve had a ton of success at this point in your career, but I would love to start off at the bottom and the very beginning of your career. What was your life like growing up and where did you grow up?
- When did you first figure out what you wanted to do professionally?
- What was your first real job that aligned with your professional goals?
- Haydn Shaw When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- Many of our guests say that they had a key mentor or a key book that they read that really helped them to change their mindset and their approach to success…do you have a key book or mentor in your life that has impacted you the most…I would love to hear that story?
- So today as a consultant, how do you help your clients?
- What are the biggest limiting factors that you are most commonly able to help your clients overcome?
- Haydn Shaw What do you see as being the biggest problem in most businesses today?
- You come across as a very proactive person…so how do you typically organize the first four hours of your and what time do you typically wake up?
- What are a few of your daily habits that you believe have allowed you to achieve success?
- What advice would you give the younger version of yourself?
- What message or principle that you wish you could teach everyone?
- You are super successful, but what do you struggle with the most…what is your weakness…what is your kryptonite?
- Haydn Shaw What are a couple of books that you believe that all of our listeners should read?
- You’ve got the mic, what is one thing that you want to share with the Thrive Nation before you drop the mic?