Are you being bombarded with telemarketers and robo-calls as a result of now ranking top in Google? Clay breaks down how to deal with the relentless inbound sales calls and telemarketers that will light you up once you hit page one of the Google search engine results.
NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “The secret of your success is determined by your daily agenda.” – John Maxwell (The best-selling author of The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
Show questions –
1. How do you deal with telemarketers that call your businesses?
- How do you tell which are legitimate, actually Google and Yelp needing to talk about your account, and which are scams, pretending to be Google?
- We are calling because you haven’t verified your listing with Google or
- Google, yes Google, has selected you…
- Should we just hang up on any call that is not a customer? Or as we scale how do we script what those answering the phone will do to weed out the good from the bad?
- We currently get 3-5 solicitation and robo calls a day, and figure other small business owners that answer their own phones struggle with this like we do.
- Finally what are your, please never fall for these scams! Advice when it relates to telemarketers.
- We’ve learned the hard way not to buy ads on a restaurant menu, a golfing guide, support almost anything that has called, because they all disappeared and we never saw anything except our missing money.