The special effects guru behind “The Avengers”, “Avatar”, “The Hobbit”, “The Adventures of TinTin”, “Man of Steel” and “Transformers” joins us to share about what it is like to work with James Cameron, how the world of digital animation works, how the digital animators get paid, and how to get into the world of digital animation.
Website – https://www.blender.org/
In total, Cameron’s films have grossed approximately US$2 billion in North America and US$6 billion worldwide. Avatar and Titanic are the second and third highest-grossing films of all time, earning $2.78 billion and $2.19 billion, respectively.
- Yes, yes, yes and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing the genius Hollywood visual effects artist Jarom Sidwell!? Jarom, welcome onto the Thrivetime Show, how are you sir?!
- Jarom Sidwell, up to today you have done big time work for huge movies like “The Avengers”, “Avatar”, “The Hobbit”, “The Adventures of TinTin”, “Man of Steel” and “Transformers.” I would love for you to share what your role was in producing “The Avengers?”
- Jarom Sidwell, Avatar was the largest grossing movie of all time…what role did you play in the creation of the Avatar movie?
- So I know that you’ve had a ton of success at this point in your career, but I would love to start off at the bottom and the very beginning of your career. What was your life like growing up and where did you grow up?
- I’m from northern California.
- I wanted to go to international business.
- I thought school was boring so I put aside my dreams of going to Europe and jumped into film.
- I got a job in a mailroom in Los Angeles.
- I had to staple photos to resumes.
- The first film I worked on was ZOOM.
- When did you first figure out what you wanted to do professionally?
- Where did you go to study visual effects?
- What was your first real job in the world of visual effects?
- Jarom Sidwell Many of our guests say that they had a key mentor or a key book that they read that really helped them to change their mindset and their approach to success…do you have a key book or mentor in your life that has impacted you the most…I would love to hear that story?
- When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- What was the low point of your career?
- When you were at the bottom, what did you learn most from this experience?
- Jarom Sidwell What has been the high point of your career thus far?
- Today, I’d love for you to share with the listeners about the kinds of projects that you are up to?
- You come across as a very proactive person…so how do you typically organize the first four hours of your and what time do you typically wake up?
- What are a few of your daily habits that you believe have allowed you to achieve success?
- What advice would you give the younger version of yourself?
- Jarom Sidwell We find that most successful entrepreneurs tend to have idiosyncrasies that are actually their super powers…what idiosyncrasy do you have?
- What message or principle that you wish you could teach everyone?
- You are super successful, but what do you struggle with the most…what is your weakness…what is your kryptonite?
- Jarom Sidwell What are a couple of books that you believe that all of our listeners should read?
- You’ve got the mic, what is one thing that you want to share with the Thrive Nation before you drop the mic?