The CEO of Global Music at Live Nation shares about his career working with Jay-Z, U2, Toby Keith and top artists and how to go from a life of matter to a life that matters.
- Yes, yes, yes and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing Jason Garner who is a husband, father and a former Fortune 500 company executive who spent the first 37 years of his life working his way up from flea market parking attendant to CEO of Global Music at Live Nation —never taking a breath in the belief that to be loved he had to be the best!!!
- I know that you’ve had a ton of success at this point in your career, but I would love to start off at the bottom and the very beginning of your career. What was your life like growing up and where did you grow up?
- What is your favorite old school jam?
- Jason Garner When did you first figure out what you wanted to do professionally?
- What was your first job in the music industry?
- When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- What mentor has made the biggest impact on your career thus far?
- Jason Garner, I understand that losing your mother to cancer caused you to reevaluate your life…I would for you to share about this…?
- Jason, tell us about your blog…and what inspired you to start it? https://jasongarner.com/
- Jason Garner You’ve worked with huge rock stars and sports legends…which stars made you the most nervous to meet them?
- Twice you have been named to Fortune magazine’s list of the top 20 highest-paid executives under 40…what does that honor feel like?
- You come across as a very proactive person…so how do you typically organize the first four hours of your and what time do you typically wake up?
- What are a few of your daily habits that you believe have allowed you to achieve success?
- Jason Garner What does your typical day look like?
- What advice would you give the younger version of yourself?
- We find that most successful entrepreneurs tend to have idiosyncrasies that are actually their super powers…what idiosyncrasy do you have?
- Jason Garner What message or principle that you wish you could teach everyone?
- What are a couple of books that you believe that all of our listeners should read?
- You’ve got the mic, what is one thing that you want to share with the Thrive Nation before you drop the mic?