The award-winning professor, director, writer, playwright, and CEO Jeffrey Madoff joins us to share about his new book featuring insider advice from Daymond John, Tim Ferriss, Kathy Ireland, and other big-time success stories. He also shares how to learn to sell well and how to gain your first 10 customers.
Buy the Book Today: Creative Careers – Making a Living with Your Ideas
- Be smart about your hustle
- Ruthlessly edit down your creative projects
- Overcome fear and doubt
- Create a successful, long-lasting career on your own terms
How did you get the sales appointments?
- Yes, yes, yes and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing B. Jeffrey Madoff who is a director, photographer, writer and the CEO of Madoff Productions a film production company that creates award-winning branded content. B. Jeffrey, welcome onto the Thrivetime Show…how are you sir?
- I know that you’ve had a ton of success at this point in your career, but what was your life like growing up and where did you grow up?
- When did you first figure out what you wanted to do professionally?
- When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- Jeffrey Madoff, in your mind, why is a knowledge of business essential if you want to sustain a creative career and why creative thinking is essential for every business?
- Jeffrey, what are a few myths about business and creativity, and the myth that artists can’t be good business people and vice versa
- Jeffrey Madoff, from your experience, what is a brand and how do you create one?
- Jeffrey, why is storytelling so important?
- Jeffrey, what does success look like to you?
- What does failure look like to you?
- Jeffrey Madoff, as a creative, how do you decide what battles are worth fighting for?
- Jeffrey, how to assess risk when making a decision?
- You come across as a very proactive person…so how do you typically organize the first four hours of your and what time do you typically wake up?
- What are a few of your daily habits that you believe have allowed you to achieve success?
- Jeffrey Madoff What mentor has made the biggest impact on your career thus far?
- What has been the biggest adversity that you’ve had to fight through during your career?
- What is your favorite old school jam?
- Jeffrey Madoff What advice would you give the younger version of yourself?
- You’ve got the mic, what is one thing that you want to share with the Thrive Nation before you drop the mic?