John Matze, the CEO of Parler joins us to share why he created the platform to provide YOU with a social media outlet for free expression and user privacy unlike Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and other social media platforms.
- Yes, yes, yes, and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing the CEO of the virally growing social media platform, Parler which was designed to provide Free Expression and User Privacy unlike Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and other social media platforms. John Matze, welcome onto the Thrivetime Show?
- I know that you’ve had a ton of success at this point in your career, but I would love to start off at the bottom and the very beginning of your career. What was your life like growing up and where did you grow up?
- When did you first figure out what you wanted to do professionally?
- John, you founded in Parler in 2018 with Jared Thomson. When did you first have the idea to create Parler?
- NOTE: Both studied computer science at the University of Denver.
- John, Candace Owens was suspended by Twitter and Facebook, President Trump’s Tweets have actually gotten deleted or banned, Michelle Malkin has had a Twitter account shut down for speaking out against censorship and my own social media posts get constantly censored…how is Parler different from Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Google, TikTok and the other social media platforms that censor the conservative content of their users?
- Why do users like Parler so much?
- John, it seems like Parler is really gaining momentum at this point…how would you describe the growth of Parler?
- John, my understanding is that you are “Kind of a Big Deal” in Saudi Arabia?
- John, on May 28th 2020 President Trump issued an executive order to prevent the online censorship of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and other online platforms. President Trump said these platforms were acting more like a publication than a community forum…for those people out there that are not familiar with the issue…I would love for you to break this down for us?
- John, President Trump’s Executive Order cites, “Section 230(c) was designed to address early court decisions holding that, if an online platform restricted access to some content posted by others, it would thereby become a “publisher” of all the content posted on its site for purposes of torts such as defamation. As the title of section 230(c) makes clear, the provision provides limited liability “protection” to a provider of an interactive computer service (such as an online platform) that engages in “‘Good Samaritan’ blocking” of harmful content.” What does this mean?
- When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- How is the Privacy Statement of Parler different from that of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and the other platforms?
- How do you monetize Parler?
- What is your favorite old school jam?
- You’ve got the mic, what is one thing that you want to share with the Thrive Nation before you drop the mic?
Learn More About Parler:
Massive, Unexpected Growth On New Free Speech Platform, Bypassing Shadow Bans—Parler CEO John Matze – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjQZ7PSsQj4