Ask Clay Anything: How Do You Know When an Employee Has Quit Their Job Mentally, but Is Still Coming to Work to Collect a Paycheck?
If you’ve ever managed employees, we’ve all seen the scenario where an employee has mentally quit their job, but yet continues to physically show up. During this business coach podcast, Clay Clark breaks down how to detect when an employee is near their expiration date.
Signs that you will need to fire someone soon:
- Chronic lateness
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “A man has no right to occupy another man’s time unnecessarily.” – John D. Rockefeller
- Requesting Off More Than Normal
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “People will choose unhappiness over uncertainty.” – Tim Ferriss (The best-selling author of The Four Hour Work Week and the host of The Tim Ferriss Show)
- Side Comments
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Poisonous people do not deserve your time. To think otherwise is masochistic.” – Tim Ferriss (The best-selling author of The Four Hour Work Week and the host of The Tim Ferriss Show)
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them.” – Matthew 15:18
- Whispers / Meetings Behind Closed Doors
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “People around you, constantly under the pull of their emotions, change their ideas by the day or by the hour, depending on their mood. You must never assume that what people say or do in a particular moment is a statement of their permanent desires.” – David Greene (Best-selling author of Mastery)
- Minimizing Windows and Private Conversations Outside of the Building
NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War
See below for the business coach transcription of this show: