Learn How to Hire and Keep Great People
In this segment of the Thrivetime Show, Dr Z and business coach Clay Clark break down their super moves for finding, interviewing, hiring, training and retaining high quality people so that you can scale your business and create true time freedom.
How do you hire a great salesperson?
Step 1 – Define the Expectations You Need and Require
- Define the results that you want
- Make and Model
Step 2 – Define the Compensation Model / Pay Structure That You Will Use
- You have to have some kind of base pay. If your team is all commission then you are creating a culture where people are going to screw you.
Step 3 – Be Consistent with Your Weekly Job Postings
- FUN FACT – “Talent acquisition managers and heads of Human Resources make a valid case for their wariness of resumes filled with 1-2-year stints. They question such applicants’ motivation, skill level, engagement on the-job and ability to get along with other colleagues.” – https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeannemeister/2012/08/14/the-future-of-work-job-hopping-is-the-new-normal-for-millennials/#4aae5fc013b8
- FUN FACT – Tom Brady Is The Biggest Bargain In Sports https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexreimer/2015/10/02/tom-brady-contract-is-the-biggest-bargain-in-sports/#6db0906e4047
Step 4 – Conduct a Weekly Group Interview
Step 5 – After the Group Interview is Complete Schedule a Shadow Time or One on One Interview with Your Favorite Candidates
Step 6 – Commit to Being a Never-Ending Source of Wisdom, Inspiration and Training for Your People
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “When you are in a senior leadership position you must be an inspirational leader and not just an administrator” – Lee Cockrell – Former Executive Vice President of Operations for the Walt Disney World® Resort.
- MYSTIC STATISTIC – According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the price of a bad hire is at least 30 percent of the employee’s first-year earnings.