What does it take to make it at the next level? What does it take to make it to the “BIG SHOW?” NFL referee John Hussey joins us to share what it takes to thrive at the highest levels of professional sports.
- Yes, yes, yes and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing John Hussey who is an NFL referee who has worked on several playoff assignments including 3 Championship Games, 5 Wild Card games, 3 Divisional games and a Pro Bowl. Most recently, he served as the Alternate Referee in this year’s 2020 Super Bowl LIV in Miami. John, welcome onto The Thrivetime Show! How are you sir?!
- I know that you’ve had a ton of success at this point in your career, but I would love to start off at the bottom and the very beginning of your career. What was your life like growing up and where did you grow up?
- John Hussey When did you first figure out that you wanted to be an NFL referee?
- What is the process like of becoming an NFL referee?
- John Hussey When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- What is the toughest aspect of being an NFL referee?
- John Hussey What is it like running on the same field as some of the fastest, meanest, strongest, and most physically intimidating men on the planet?
- John Hussey Now, I understand that you are the CEO and founder of CUDDLY, a for-good company that enables animal rescue organizations to create their own fundraisers, organize wish lists, and gain support for initiatives that save animals in the most critical of conditions. Tell us about what CUDDLY does?
- When did you first have the vision to start CUDDLY?
- With over 2,000 animal welfare partnerships worldwide, you are doing something right…what is your vision for CUDDLY?
- NOTE: Cuddly helps these nonprofit organizations raise funds, awareness and assistance by providing them with essential online marketing and financing tools, including online fundraisers tied to the sale of pet products or through donations.
- You come across as a very proactive person…so how do you typically organize the first four hours of your and what time do you typically wake up?
- John Hussey What are a few of your daily habits that you believe have allowed you to achieve success?
- What mentor has made the biggest impact on your career thus far?
- What has been the biggest adversity that you’ve had to fight through during your career?
- John Hussey What is your favorite old school jam?
- What advice would you give the younger version of yourself?
- You’ve got the mic, what is one thing that you want to share with the Thrive Nation before you drop the mic?