Struggling to work with people? Today’s guest is Pastor Chad Veach who is friends with Justin Bieber, Pastor Rich Wilkerson, and his new book about how to effectively work with people is endorsed by both John Maxwell and Courtney Kardashian.
- Yes, yes, yes, and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing BEST-SELLING AUTHOR AND GLOBALLY-RENOWNED FAITH LEADER, CHAD VEACH, who is releasing his first-ever leadership book, Help! I Work with People: Getting Good at Influence, Leadership, and People Skills?! Chad Veach, welcome onto the Thrivetime Show! How are you sir!!!?
- I know that you’ve had a ton of success at this point in your career, but I would love to start off at the bottom and the very beginning of your career. What was your life like growing up and where did you grow up?
- When did you first figure out what you wanted to do professionally?
- I grew up with a father who was a pastor.
- As a kid I saw the sacrifice, and it wasn’t until I was 16 years old that I surrendered my life to Christ and stopped running from my calling
- When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- When we announced that we were going to start this church, we had people move to come join us. Just from our experience in youth ministry and traveling across the country, we built a lot of connections and the people were willing to move to help.
- There’s no such thing as a 10-pointer. Start slow and build it one person at a time.
- Pastor Chad Veach What’s a good way to reach people?
- Use social media – promote on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, right where people are at.
- What would you say to anyone who is trying to have those tough conversations around the racial divisiveness?
- Listen – Listen to what people have experienced in their lives thus far.
- Learn – What brought us to this point?
- Lead – Lead the conversation in your family, business, etc.
- Pastor Chad Veach How are you addressing the divisiveness?
- I’ve been interviewing African Americans in our community and looking to the scriptures for what we are facing
- The solution is the Gospel – Jesus is the answer to racism
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.” – Genesis 1:27
- So Chad, what first inspired you to write your new book Help! I Work with People: Getting Good at Influence, Leadership, and People Skills?!
- People are my favorite part of life
- As long as you have the right people around you, you can be going through anything
- God loves His people, not buildings
- I’ve always been inspired by Dale Carnegie’s writings
- Everyone works with people and my goal of this book is that people wouldn’t just tolerate people, but would learn to love people and have tools to take action towards that.
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.” – Proverbs 13:20
- From your experience, where do most people get it wrong when it comes to Getting Good at Leadership?
- In your mind, what role does self-awareness and gaining people skills play in improving a leader’s production and performance?
- Pastor Chad Veach in your book you write about, learning to lead the hardest person you will ever be in charge of–yourself…share with us what you mean by this?
- I have to figure out the self because it will effect all of the rest of my relationships.
- Everything starts with having a positive self-worth
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – All of your heroes are getting punched in the face. – T.D. Jakes
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – If you never want to be criticized, don’t step out in your own life.
- Justin Bieber Documentary – Seasons – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAVgKdbDlRY&list=PLsifFPg4DahIjrAvcYanjaYE2xyd8NDu8
- Pastor Chad Veach in your book you write about the power of becoming a people person, what does this mean?
- In your mind, what is the biggest challenge that leaders have as it related to gaining sincere influence with their people?
- Chad, what are a few of the people skills that you believe everyone needs to know to grow, to expand their territory and to achieve their goals?
- Pastor Chad Veach, you and your wife Julia, reside in Los Angeles and raise four children…how do you lead a successful organization and family? (Georgia, Winston, Maverick and Clive. Learn more at www.zoechurch.org)
- Pastor Chad Veach, your book Help! I Work with People: Getting Good at Influence, Leadership, and People Skills?! features a forward written by New York Times best-selling author and leadership expert John C. Maxwell…why do you believe that everybody should check out your new book?
- Your book is endorsed by Kourtney Kardashian…how did you originally meet her?
- What advice would you give the younger version of yourself?
- Chad, how do you typically organize the first four hours of every day and what time do you normally wake up every day?
Buy the Book – Help! I Work with People: Getting Good at Influence, Leadership, and People Skills?! – https://www.amazon.com/Help-Work-People-Influence-Leadership/dp/076423613X/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1592259682&sr=8-4
Church Website – www.zoechurch.org