Pastor Che Ahn shares that Matthew 5:11 was and is true when it states, “Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.” Pastor Brian and Jessi Gibson and Jenks City Council member Cory Box
NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.” – Matthew 5:11
NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” – Hebrews 10:25
- Yes, yes, yes and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing Pastor Che Ahn who is the senior pastor of Harvest Rock Church in Pasadena Church!
- Pastor Che, I know that you are becoming more and more of a household name today, but what was your life like growing up and where did you grow up?
- When did you first figure out that you wanted to become a Pastor?
- When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- Pastor Che, approximately when did Governor Gavin Newsome order the churches of California to shut down and what was your reaction to his orders?
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” – 1st Amendment
- Pastor Chet, what kind of feedback or encouragement did you receive from the state of California for refusing to shut down your church?
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – Hebrews 10:25 – “25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”
- What kind of fines did the state threaten you with if you did not close?
- What happened after you refused to close?
- What encouragement would you have for any business owner, business leader or church leader out there being told that they must shut down their organization to hide from a virus?
- Doctor and Senator Rand Paul recently stated, “If you look at under age 18, the mortality rate is about one in a million, if you look at age 18-45, the mortality rate is about 10 in 100,000. Above that, it increases, but interestingly, it is still pretty small, and the vast majority – even people up to 65 years of age, it may well be between 95 and 99 percent have a very mild case of this. So I’m not saying it’s a benign disease, people do get sick and die from this. But your chances are good. We shouldn’t live in fear forever. We should take normal precautions, we should assess the risks. People who are older should take more precautions, but we shouldn’t, you know, cover the faces of our children and say you’re gonna have to live your whole life with your mask on. We shouldn’t do that, and the government definitely shouldn’t mandate it.” Is he correct? I would love to hear your thoughts on this?
- Dr. Richard Bartlett was a medical advisor to Governor Rick Perry of Texas for 7 consecutive years and he stated that for $237 a person can use a nebulizer and the FDA approved Pulmicort / budesonide to successfully treat COVID-19 patients? Why do you believe that the government seems to be obsessed with shutting down businesses despite the fact that COVID-19 is treatable and is not deadly for most people?
- You come across as a very proactive person…so how do you typically organize the first four hours of your and what time do you typically wake up?
- What are a few of the daily habits that you believe have allowed you to achieve success?
- What advice would you give the younger version of yourself?
- We find that most successful entrepreneurs tend to have idiosyncrasies that are actually their superpowers…what idiosyncrasy do you have?
- What message or principle that you wish you could teach everyone?
- What are a couple of books that you believe that all of our listeners should read?
- You’ve got the mic, what is one thing that you want to share with the Thrive Nation before you drop the mic?