Are you wanting to become an effective manager for your people? Are you looking to become the type of manager who can inspire and sustainably lead your team? Ryan Hawk will also teach you how to practice until perfection into becoming a best-selling salesperson, an expert cold-caller and now a management master.
The Vague and Generality Driven Leader:
The Condescending Manager:
- Yes, yes, yes and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing Ryan Hawk who is a keynote speaker, author, advisor, and the host of The Learning Leader Show, a podcast with millions of listeners in more than 150 countries. He is the author of Welcome To Management: How To Grow From Top Performer To Excellent Leader (McGraw-Hill, January 28, 2020).
- Ryan, I know that you’ve had a ton of success at this point in your career, but I would love to start off at the bottom and the very beginning of your career. What was your life like growing up and where did you grow up?
- What is your favorite old school jam?
- Ryan Hawk, when did you first figure out what you wanted to do professionally?
- When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- Ryan, what first inspired you to write your new book Welcome to Management, How to Grow from Top Performer to Excellent Leader?
- Ryan, in your book Welcome To Management: How To Grow From Top Performer To Excellent Leader you write about Leading yourself…what do you mean by that?
- Build skills and earn credibility. Compliance can be commanded, but commitment cannot. People reserve their full capacity for emotional commitment for leaders they find credible, and credibility must be earned.
- Ryan, in your book Welcome To Management: How To Grow From Top Performer To Excellent Leader you guide leaders on how to create a healthy sustainable culture of mutual trust…where do most people get this area wrong by default?
- Build your team: Develop a healthy and sustainable culture of mutual trust and respect that creates cohesion. This includes effective hiring and firing practices.
- Ryan Hawk, your book Welcome To Management: How To Grow From Top Performer To Excellent Leader teaches readers how to set a CLEAR strategy…why is this so important for leaders?
- Ryan Hawk, your book also teaches how to communicate effectively, where do most leaders get this wrong by default?
- Lead your team: Set a clear strategy and vision for your team, communicate effectively, and ultimately drive the results the organization is counting on your team to deliver.
- You come across as a very proactive person…so how do you typically organize the first four hours of your and what time do you typically wake up?
- What are a few of your daily habits that you believe have allowed you to achieve success?
- Ryan Hawk, what mentor has made the biggest impact on your career thus far?
- What has been the biggest adversity that you’ve had to fight through during your career?
- We find that most successful entrepreneurs tend to have idiosyncrasies that are actually their super powers…what idiosyncrasy do you have?
- What message or principle that you wish you could teach everyone?
- You are super successful, but what do you struggle with the most…what is your weakness…what is your kryptonite?
- Ryan in your mind why should everybody check out your new book, Welcome To Management: How To Grow From Top Performer To Excellent Leader?
- You’ve got the mic, what is one thing that you want to share with the Thrive Nation before you drop the mic?