Scout Sobel explains how she started the successful public relations firm Scout’s Agency which has provided services for Brian Grazer whose films and TV shows have been nominated for a total of 43 Academy Awards, and 195 Emmys and the founder of Nasty Gal and the best-selling author of Girl Boss, Sophia Amoruso, Jillian Michaels
FUN FACT: Scout has booked the following big-time guests on podcasts:
- Brian Grazer – He co-founded Imagine Entertainment in 1986, with Ron Howard. The films they produced have grossed over $13 billion. The movies include four for which Grazer was personally nominated for an Academy Award: Splash (1984), Apollo 13 (1995), A Beautiful Mind (2001), and Frost/Nixon (2008). His films and TV series have been nominated for 43 Academy Awards and 187 Emmys.
- Sophia Amoruso – (born April 20, 1984) is an American businesswoman. Amoruso was born in San Diego, California and moved to Sacramento, California after High school, soon after relocating to San Francisco. Amoruso founded Nasty Gal, a women’s fashion retailer, which went on to be named one of “the fastest growing companies” by Inc. Magazine in 2012.
- Yes, yes, yes and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing Scout Sobel! Scout, welcome onto the Thrivetime Show how are you?!
- When did you first figure out what you wanted to do professionally?
- I have gone through many iterations of entrepreneurship through my career
- All of my experiences have led me to find my true identity
- What is the most rewarding aspect of connecting these big names
- I love the reactions of our clients and creating wins for our clients
- How did you start your first company?
- When I started my company I was heavily depressed.
- I was sitting with my friend at a coffee shop and we decided to start a magazine
- I created a kickstarter campaign and raised the $10,000 that we needed to launch our magazine
- How did you go about funding your first company?
- How did you go about getting your first 10 customers?
- When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- Scout, what advice would you have for the listeners out there about how to build a six figure business in one year?
- Scout, I would love for you to share about how to hold yourself accountable to success?
- Scout, what’s your take on the power of gratitude
- Scout, I would love to have you share about not playing the victim and the mindset shift that requires?
- You have to decide that you are going to fight for yourself
- Find something you can throw yourself into and use it to fight your mental illness
- How entrepreneurship is ideal for those suffering with a mental illness
- You’ve got the mic, what is one thing that you want to share with the Thrive Nation before you drop the mic?
Instagram – @scoutsobel