When being screwed by employees? How to handle it.
DEEP THOUGHT – If You Own a Business You Will Be Screwed Repeatedly Like the Boards on a Deck.
FACT – “The U.S. Chamber of Commerce estimates that 75% of employees steal from the workplace and that most do so repeatedly.” – U.S. Chamber of Commerce / CBS News
FACT – Jesus has 12 disciples, 2 of which betrayed from my perspective.
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Then they seized him and led him away, bringing him into the high priest’s house, and Peter was following at a distance. And when they had kindled a fire in the middle of the courtyard and sat down together, Peter sat down among them. Then a servant girl, seeing him as he sat in the light and looking closely at him, said, “This man also was with him.” But he denied it, saying, “Woman, I do not know him.” And a little later someone else saw him and said, “You also are one of them.” But Peter said, “Man, I am not.”And after an interval of about an hour still another insisted, saying, “Certainly this man also was with him, for he too is a Galilean.” But Peter said, “Man, I do not know what you are talking about.” And immediately, while he was still speaking, the rooster crowed. And the Lord turned and looked at Peter. And Peter remembered the saying of the Lord, how he had said to him, “Before the rooster crows today, you will deny me three times.” And he went out and wept bitterly.” – Luke 22:54-62
- Bartholomew or Nathanael
- James, the Lesser or Younger
- Jude or Thaddeus
- Matthew or Levi
- Simon the Zealot
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “And while they were eating, he said, “Truly I tell you, one of you will betray me.” – Matthew 26:21
NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Only the paranoid survive.” – Andy Grove (The co-founder of Intel who lived from 1936 to March of 2016. He actually escaped from the Communist-controlled Hungary when he was only 20 so that he could move to the United States to finish his education. He’s one of the original founder of Intel and was the CEO of the company where he helped to build the world’s largest manufacturer of semiconductors.)
NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Every time I read a management or self-help book, I find myself saying, “That’s fine, but that wasn’t really the hard thing about the situation.” The hard thing isn’t setting a big, hairy, audacious goal. The hard thing is laying people off when you miss the big goal. The hard thing isn’t hiring great people. The hard thing is when those “great people” develop a sense of entitlement and start demanding unreasonable things. The hard thing isn’t setting up an organizational chart. The hard thing is getting people to communicate within the organization that you just designed. The hard thing isn’t dreaming big. The hard thing is waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat when the dream turns into a nightmare.” – Ben Horowitz (Founder of OpsWare which he sold to Hewlett Packard $1.2)
ACTION ITEMS –
- You must never stop job posting.
- You must never stop interviewing.
- You must learn how to conduct group interviews.
- You must create the proper employee write up documentation so that you may fire when ready.
- You must create an employee handbook that all employees sign so that you can fire when ready.
- You must install GPS devices on all company owned vehicles.
- You must install camera systems throughout your business (use the Nest).
- You must install phone recording on all company phones.
- You must forgive, but never forget and rehire chronically dishonest people again.
- You must get to a Thrive Time Show Conference so that I can teach you these systems and provide you with all of the templates.
- You are listening to the Ask Clay Anything segment of the Thrivetimeshow. If you have missed any of our other podcasts, be sure to subscribe on Itunes, stitcher, and even spotify. If you have a question, you can send it in to [email protected].
- During the entire month of January 2018, we are giving away conference tickets to anyone who subscribes and reviews the podcast on Itunes or Stitcher. All you have to do is subscribe, review, and send a screenshot of your review to [email protected] with subject titled “Free Conference Tickets.”