Singer-songwriter Peter Hollens shares what it is like to write songs with David Archuleta, Brian Wilson, Jason Mraz, Gladys Knight, Lindsey Stirling, why as a songwriter you need to own your masters to get paid, how he is navigating the Coronavirus economy and what gear you need to succeed in this digital marketing universe.
Peter Hollens On Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gfOHEaHdjo
Buy the following gear:
- GarageBand / Logic
- Buy a Rode NT1-A – https://www.amazon.com/Rode-Anniversary-Cardioid-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B002QAUOKS
- Headphones AKG K240
- Windscreen Blue Microphones Pop Universal Windcreen
Watch the movie, Love and Mercy – https://www.amazon.com/DUPLICATE_Love-Mercy-John-Cusack/dp/B01F2PEXUA/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=love+and+mercy&qid=1585605184&sr=8-1
Video Editing Tools: FrameIO
- Yes, yes, yes and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing Peter Hollens who is a Youtube sensation that has videos that have over a billion views combined, welcome onto the Thrivetime Show how are you sir?!
- I know that you’ve had a ton of success at this point in your career, but I would love to start off at the bottom and the very beginning of your career. What was your life like growing up and where did you grow up?
- When did you first figure out what you wanted to do professionally?
- How did you first get into recording YouTube videos?
- You have collaborated with huge names like David Archuleta, Brian Wilson, Jason Mraz, Gladys Knight, Lindsey Stirling, and more. How did working with these people come about?
- When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- I read on your site that you have released over 160+ digital singles and continue to release new music every other week. Talk to me about the diligence it takes to record, edit, and release new music every other week?
- How, you come across as a very proactive person…so how do you typically organize the first four hours of your and what time do you typically wake up?
- What are a few of your daily habits that you believe have allowed you to achieve success?
- Your new song “EPIC HAND WASHING SONG” is already going viral. Why did you decide to create this song? – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gfOHEaHdjo
- What mentor has made the biggest impact on your career thus far?
- What has been the biggest adversity that you’ve had to fight through during your career?
- What is your favorite old school jam?
- What advice would you give the younger version of yourself?
- What message or principle that you wish you could teach everyone?
- You’ve got the mic, what is one thing that you want to share with the Thrive Nation before you drop the mic?