7 Aspects of Holding Your Team Accountable – Part 1
7 Aspects of Holding Your Team Accountable
Holding your team accountable is one of the biggest limiting factors to your business’s growth. During this broadcast of The Thrive Time Business Coach Radio Show, the former U.S. SBA Entrepreneur of the Year (Clay Clark) breaks down the ins and outs related to holding a team of employees accountable.
Aspect #1 – How Do You Hold People Accountable?
- 1. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Blessed are the persecuted.” – Matthew 5:10
- 2. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off.”
- 3. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Leadership requires pissing people off.” – Colin Powell (A retired four-star general in the United States Army.Powell was born in Harlem as the son of Jamaican immigrants. During his military career, Powell also served as National Security Advisor (1987–1989), as Commander of the U.S. Army Forces Command (1989) and as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff(1989–1993), holding the latter position during the Persian Gulf War. Powell was the first, and so far the only, African American to serve on the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He was the 65th United States Secretary of State)
- 4. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “The hard thing about hard things – Every time I read a management or self-help book, I find myself saying, “That’s fine, but that wasn’t really the hard thing about the situation.” The hard thing isn’t setting a big, hairy, audacious goal. The hard thing is laying people off when you miss the big goal. The hard thing isn’t hiring great people. The hard thing is when those “great people” develop a sense of entitlement and start demanding unreasonable things. The hard thing isn’t setting up an organizational chart. The hard thing is getting people to communicate within the organization that you just designed. The hard thing isn’t dreaming big. The hard thintg is waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat when the dream turns into a nightmare.” – Ben Horowitz (Founder of Opsware which was sold to Hewlett Packard for $1.6 billion of cash in June of 2007)
Aspect #2 – How Do You Maintain a Positive Your Culture?
- 1. DEFINITION MAGICIAN – Offend – annoyance or resentment brought about by a perceived insult to or disregard for oneself or one’s standards or principles.
- 2. DEFINITION MAGICIAN – Dissonance – a tension or clash resulting from the combination of two disharmonious or unsuitable elements.
Aspect #3 – How to Stand Up For Your Values
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul” – Mark 8:36 (From that controversial book known as The Bible)
Aspect #4 – What Happens When You Don’t Hold People Accountable
- 1. The customer will fire you
- 2. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” – Sam Walton
- 3. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “As for the bottom 10 percent in differentiation, there is no sugar coating this—they have to go. That’s more easily said than done; It’s awful to fire people—I even hate that word. But if you have a candid organization with clear performance expectations and a performance evaluation process—a big if, obviously, but that should be everyone’s goal—then people in the bottom 10 percent generally know who they are. When you tell them, they usually leave before you ask them to. No one wants to be in an organization where they aren’t wanted. One of the best things about differentiation is that people in the bottom 10 percent of organizations very often go on to successful careers at companies and in pursuits where they truly belong and where they can excel.” – Jack Welch
Aspect #5 – The People That You Bring to Work Will Bring Their Culture to Work
- 1. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “He that lies down with dogs, shall rise up with fleas.” – Benjamin Franklin
- 2. FUN FACT – The U.S. Chamber of Commerce estimates that 75% of employees steal from the workplace and that most do so repeatedly. – https://www.cbsnews.com/news/employee-theft-are-you-blind-to-it/
- 3. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Unless your core business is life coaching, don’t be a life coach” – Doctor Zoellner
- 4. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Be as happy as a pig in the mud” – Doctor Zoellner
- 5. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “I fire those who don’t fit our company culture.” – Tony Hsieh (CEO of Zappos)
Aspect #6 – Hold the People Accountable or the Customers Will Fire You
- NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” – Sam Walton
Aspect #7 – Your Decision to Create an Environment of Excellence Will Irritate Other People
- 1. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose. Neither am I the means to any ends others may wish to accomplish. I am not a tool for their use. I am not a servant of their needs. I am not a bandage for their wounds. I am not a sacrifice of their altars.” – Ayn Rand (was a Russian-American novelist, philosopher, playwright, and screenwriter. She is known for her two best-selling novels, The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, and for developing a philosophical system she called Objectivism)
- 2. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.” – Ayn Rand (was a Russian-American novelist, philosopher, playwright, and screenwriter. She is known for her two best-selling novels, The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, and for developing a philosophical system she called Objectivism)
- 3. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.” – Ayn Rand (was a Russian-American novelist, philosopher, playwright, and screenwriter. She is known for her two best-selling novels, The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, and for developing a philosophical system she called Objectivism)
- 4. “My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.” – Ayn Rand (was a Russian-American novelist, philosopher, playwright, and screenwriter. She is known for her two best-selling novels, The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, and for developing a philosophical system she called Objectivism)
Business coach | your business taking flight
Your business is really going to be able to take flight and completely soar above the clouds as far as success is concerned, as this is exactly what we love to do whenever you begin working through the Thrive Time Show business coaching program we’re going to put you in touch with the great business coach Austin such as Clay Clark, in fact in case you are already not informed on who this guy is a well just a little bit of insight he is truly the former US SBA entrepreneur of the year and he comes to you through the Thrive Time Show business coaching program to teach you exactly the proven steps and systems that you will need to be successful.
He exactly in deafly is going to be the one that can tell you how to do this, in fact he alongside of the very successful Tulsa Oklahoma time just turn-taking, yes the amazing Doctor Robert Zoellner are here to bring you this incredible Thrive Time Show business coaching program which allows you to learn specifically from a business coach Austin exactly how to implement the proven systems and processes that are been used throughout their personal 13 combined a multimillion dollar very successful businesses.
In fact for less money than it would take you to hire an employee and begin paying the $8.25 an hour will have this phenomenal opportunity to work with the business coach Austin helping you to understand and of course to implement things like online marketing customer services graphic design sprinting search engine optimization public relations management training and the list continues to go on and on.
Of course that is not all that we have to offer, know these guys are so incredibly bring you the online business goal which you will be able to visit the also bring you the incredible Thrive Time Show on your radio in fact if you just tune into the radio Monday through Friday on the a.m. station or even go to the website thrivetimeshow.com you will be able to download a absolutely free version of the podcast is really going to be a great thing will continually teach you the proven steps to starting in building a very successful business of your own.
And that is just it, willing to be just as successful as you possibly ever becomes a please get in touch with us right away take advantage of all the wonderful things that we have to offer you one of which of course is to come out to one of our in person Thrive Time Show business workshops for will be able to continually teach you all of these proven systems and processes of course and give you really a beneficial time to truly just focus on that of working in your business at all times this is going to be one of the greatest things that we can teach you in the greatest steps you can take towards achieving time and financial freedom of your very own get tickets on thrivetimeshow.com.