There Is No Justice There Is Just Us – Final Mix
When I decided to start Thrive15.com in 2013, I was optimistic about the future and I still am, however I learned 5 specific principles during the process of building a business focused on the altruistic goal of mentoring millions.
1. Becoming successful is easy when you follow a proven path and you are diligent
Diligence = The steady application of effort.
2. Most people are lazy and are not willing to apply the effort needed to become successful
Proverbs 10:4 – “Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth.”
3. When you are successful, most people will ride your coattails and will betray you when it is convenient for them
As an example, a man used to work for DJConnection.com (the company that I founded). He was consistently late to work and consistently was dishonest about his commissions and he began to start his own business on the side (this happened routinely). He stole the systems I created and the 5 years I invested in him to start his own directly competitive company focused on destroying that which I built and the very people who worked in my office were unwilling to stand up and to tell him that it was wrong what he was doing and they continued being friends with him. These same people were unwilling to hold people accountable and these same people will never be allowed into my physical presence again. When you are successful BETRAYAL WILL HAPPEN OVER AND OVER AGAIN. If my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was betrayed why should I believe that I deserve to not be betrayed. “If someone asks, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ they will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.” – Zechariah 13:6
4. People who are righteous will be persecuted for being honest, transparent and correct
When dealing with uncoachable people, when you hold people accountable you will be hated. “Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” – Matthew 5:10
- AMPLE EXAMPLES:
- 1. As a boss you have to hold your team accountable and if you don’t the customer will take their hard-earned money somewhere else and the very act of holding people accountable will cause most uncoachable people to hate you:
- A. When dealing with uncoachable people, pointing out to the praise and worship leader / music teacher that you hired that is not acceptable to cancel 3 out of 4 music lessons (due to emergencies, running late, etc.) will cause them to dislike you.
- i. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “A friendship founded on business is better than a business founded on friendship.” – John D. Rockefeller (The world’s most wealthy man who began working at the age of 13)
- 2. When dealing with uncoachable people, pointing out to someone that balancing the budget requires cutting expenses will cause the average American to hate you.
- A. FUN FACT: Because both Democrats and Republicans are “offended” at even the idea of cutting anything out of their budgets we all get to enjoy the fast-growing national debt. http://www.usdebtclock.org/
- 3. When dealing with uncoachable people, pointing out to a married man that meeting alone with another married woman in a closed door room for 2 hours is not good will cause them to hate you.
- A. FUN FACT: The late great reverend Billy Graham would not meet with a woman without the door being open.
- B. FUN FACT: It’s hard to have an extramarital affair with the door open.
- 4. When dealing with uncoachable people, pointing out to them that failing to follow the dress code is a problem, you will be attacked.
- 5. When dealing with uncoachable people, pointing out to them that showing up 10 minutes late to an 8 AM meeting and yawning the entire time is not acceptable, you will be hated.
- 6. When dealing with uncoachable people, pointing out to someone that they are failing to produce more income than you paying them will cause them to be offended.
- 7. When dealing with uncoachable people, pointing out to someone that they are failing to deliver results will cause them to hate you.
- A. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Every time I read a management or self-help book, I find myself saying, “That’s fine, but that wasn’t really the hard thing about the situation.” The hard thing isn’t setting a big, hairy, audacious goal. The hard thing is laying people off when you miss the big goal. The hard thing isn’t hiring great people. The hard thing is when those “great people” develop a sense of entitlement and start demanding unreasonable things. The hard thing isn’t setting up an organizational chart. The hard thing is getting people to communicate within the organization that you just designed. The hard thing isn’t dreaming big. The hard thing is waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat when the dream turns into a nightmare.”- Ben Horowitz (The man who built the Opsware company he later sold to Hewlett Packard for $1.6 billion of cash in July of 2007)
- 8. When dealing with uncoachable people, pointing out to someone that failing to call, text and email their leads repetitively is causing them to financially struggle will cause them to hate you.
- 9. When dealing with uncoachable people, pointing out to someone that being perpetually late is not acceptable will cause them to hate you.
- A. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “A man has no right to occupy another man’s time unnecessarily” – John D. Rockefeller
- 10. When dealing with uncoachable people, pointing out to someone that they are converting only 1 out of 100 leads will cause them to hate you.
- 11. When dealing with uncoachable people, pointing out to a Pastor (client) that failing to hold is team accountable for being on-time and for doing their tasks will cause him to hate you.
- 12. When dealing with uncoachable people, being direct and honest will cause people to hate you.
- 13. When dealing with uncoachable people, pointing out to them that taking cash out the company without asking is stealing will cause them to avoid making eye contact with you.
- 14. When dealing with uncoachable people, letting people know that using acronyms and abbreviations is a horrible business disease will cause them to hate you.
- A. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “There is a creeping tendency to use made up acronyms at SpaceX. Excessive use of made up acronyms is a significant impediment to communication and keeping communication good as we grow is incredibly important. Individually, a few acronyms here and there may not seem so bad, but if a thousand people are making these up, over time the result will be a huge glossary that we have to issue to new employees. No one can actually remember all these acronyms and people don’t want to seem dumb in a meeting, so they just sit there in ignorance. This is particularly tough on new employees.” – Elon Musk (The man behind PayPal, SpaceX, Tesla, etc.)
5. Success is a choice and choice that most people are sadly unwilling to make.
- A. NOTABLE QUOTABLE – “Work like hell. I mean you just have to put in 80 to 100 hour weeks every week. [This] improves the odds of success. If other people are putting in 40 hour work weeks and you’re putting in 100 hour work weeks, then even if you’re doing the same thing you know that you will achieve in 4 months what it takes them a year to achieve.” – Elon Musk (The man behind PayPal, SpaceX, Tesla, etc.)
VERSE 1 –
There is no justice, there is just us
Like Matthew 5:10 straight promised us
I couldn’t count all the traitors with an abacus
That gossip and betray like the name Judas
Coat tail riding maggots they leach and fuss
With their slack hands tryin’ to turn my shine to rust
But it’s time for them to go, start their bus
Cuz hence forth in only GOD above I trust
As I got rich slow they complained and fussed
That their fame hadn’t happened with words they cut
But my heart no longer bleeds, it’s stone enough
To withstand backstabbing and their endless cuts
I’m a wife man, straight monogamous
Let their disease and shame be the judge
I’ve been on Earth too long and seen to much much
To ever let people in again it’s too dangerous
No trojan horses behind my walls and such
Like it’s Hammer time, they can longer touch
It’s like Shimmy Shimmy Yah, Shimmy Sham, Shimmy Yay
Fake friends and family get the hell out of my way
VERSE 2 –
Like an excuse me, BEEP here comes the bus
This is my year to run over those that I cannot trust
And although I’m calm on the service, like a business duck
I’ve been paddling below the water, and now what’s up
Like a squirrel in the spring I’ve been saving up nuts
And their Winter is coming, and there could be famine and such
There will be famine in land, and life could get tough
For all those names on my list who have minimum bucks
We live an F6 Life, but there is a secret F, hush
And like Limbaugh, they’ll be schooled in a Rush
You see I built the systems and I own all the stuff
And my love bank is empty and I don’t give a what?
I thought he was a Christian man and all that stuff?
Who reads 1st Samuel 15:3 for good luck
You it’s time for me to take away Tiny Tim’s crutch
And when their dominos fall, I’ll be just warming up.