The financial and business expert for celebrities, musicians, and athletes alike shares the importance of knowing how money you keep and not just how much money you make and practical moves for managing your cash flow.
- Kristin Lee, founder and managing director of KLBM (Kristin Lee Business Management), is a self-made financial and business expert who is best known for wrangling the financials of celebrities, musicians, and athletes alike, and is the person A-listers come to for real-life intervention, guidance, and support. Lee is not your typical business manager as she’s a young, female, professional who prefers leather jackets and tattoos instead of suits and ties. However, it’s her genuine authenticity and unapologetic attitude that has made her relatable to her clients and a household name in the business and finance world.
- She’s appeared and has been featured on Access Daily, NYT’s The Cut, and Spotify to name a few.
- Yes, yes, yes and yes! Thrivetime Nation on today’s show we are interviewing Entertainment Business Manager to the stars, Kristin Lee!! Kristin, welcome onto the Thrivetime Show! How are you mam?!
- Kristin Lee Behind every sold-out arena, platinum record, and fancy production is the person who is keeping the bills paid and all that goes with handling the incoming/out-going finances of an artist. This is where the business manager comes in to oversee payments to make sure the bills are paid, and money isn’t spent on frivolous items. Kristin, what is your role in managing the money for your clients?
- I know that you’ve had a ton of success at this point in your career, but I would love to start off at the bottom and the very beginning of your career. What was your life like growing up and where did you grow up?
- When did you first figure out what you wanted to do professionally?
- When did you first feel like you were truly beginning to gain traction with your career?
- NOTE: Kristin’s mother played a huge role in where she is today as Lee’s mother instilled the importance of money management at an early age. Her mother helped secure a credit card for Lee as a teen and made her pay it off each month and taught her how taxes worked when she got her first job.
- Today, KLBM has offices located in Los Angeles, Seattle and Nashville that is supported by an all-female staff (plus Lee’s personal assistant, Steven).
- Kristin, where do you typically spend most of your time assisting your clients?
- I know that you are a serial entrepreneur who has experienced massive success and super low points…walk us through the highest high and the lowest low of your career?
- Kristin Lee When you were at the bottom, what did you learn most from this experience?
- Today, I’d love for you to share with the listeners about the kinds of projects that you are up to?
- You come across as a very proactive person…so how do you typically organize the first four hours of your and what time do you typically wake up?
- Kristin Lee What are a few of your daily habits that you believe have allowed you to achieve success?
- What message or principle that you wish you could teach everyone?
- You’ve got the mic, what is one thing that you want to share with the Thrive Nation before you drop the mic?